Bay-Con Infrastructure - Civil and Traffic Engineers
Bay-Con Infrastructure is a leading engineering firm serving the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California. We specialize in providing services to public works general contractors including project management, estimating, temporary traffic control plans, traffic counts, storm water pollution prevention plans and inspections, cpm scheduling, CPSI playground safety audits, playground surface attenuation testing, and claim preparation & management, including expert witness services.
Playground Safety Audits and Safety Surface Impact Attenuation Testing
Bay-Con can perform playground safety audits in California per ASTM F1487-21 and the CPSC Public Playground Safety Handbook and safety surface impact attenuation testing per ASTM F3313-20 performed by Certified Playground Safety Inspectors (CPSI).
Certified Playground Safety Inspector
CPSI Expires: 02-01-24
Certificate #: qmjswus9mr
Phil Mieszkowski is also a participating member of ASTM International and is on the technical committees that write playground standards including,
- F08.63 - Playground Surfacing Systems
- F08 - Sports Equipment, Playing Surfaces, and Facilities
- F15.29 - Playground Equipment for Public Use
- F15 - Consumer Products
ASTM Member #1937372
Stormwater pollution prevention plans, inspection, and monitoring - Certified QSD & QSP
Bay-Con has Qualified SWPPP Developers (QSD) and Qualfiied SWPPP Practicioners (QSP) on staff.
Our QSD is able to prepare job specific plans:
- SWPPP - Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans
- WPCP - Water Pollution Control Plans
- ESPs - Erosion & Sediment Control Plans
Our QSP is able to inspect and monitor your jobsite as needed, including SMARTS reporting for the State of California.
Traffic Turning Movement Counts
Bay-Con is qualified and ready to perform traffic turning movement counts or pneumatic tube counts at any intersection in the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California.
Bay-Con Infrastructure can prepare your temporary traffic control plans
Bay-Con Infrastructure is a San Mateo, CA based civil and traffic engineering company, providing solutions to the San Francisco Bay Area construction and engineering community since 2010.
We specialize in providing engineering services to contractors, including the engineering and design of temporary traffic controls for work on public right-of-ways.
Hiring engineers and engineers-in-training
Bay-Con Infrastructure is a young and growing engineering firm based in San Mateo, California. We are currently searching for licensed engineers or land surveyors to grow the variety of services our firm can offer. Experience with one or more of the following is desired. EITs with interest in these areas and the ability to become licensed will be considered.
- construction staking and surveying
- storm water pollution prevention plans, inspection, and monitoring
- traffic engineering or temporary traffic control plans
- materials testing (compaction, concrete cylinders, stormwater turbidity & pH, etc)
- temporary shoring design
- trench plate support calculations
- dewatering plans
- sewer bypass plans
- structural calculations for pipe support in an open trench
- crane pick plans
- lead compliance plans
- quality control & quality assurance plans
- playground safety audits and safety surface attenuation testing
Position is based in San Mateo, California with the possibility of remote work. Salary is negotiable, based on experience. Please email a resume and cover letter to